Putting my thoughts out into the Universe

I inherited my love for books from my father. I have fond memories of him coming home with a bag full of second-hand novels for me - Enid Blyton, Nancy Drew, the Hardy Boys, other classics I can't seem to remember anymore. I devoured these books within days of getting them. I was told I wrote beautiful essays in school, and I think that is mostly because of how much reading I did. 

As I grew older, I started writing for fun, and not just for school. Over the years I've amassed a lot of experiences - good, bad, lovely, ugly. I find that my life experiences inform a lot of what I write about. For years, I kept my writing to myself, occasionally sharing it with a friend or two. I'm a very private person, and what I write feels almost like an extension of my being - a part of myself that I'm not quite sure I want to share just yet. 

Over the last few weeks though, I've started to feel like I'm carrying a sort of burden in my heart, and I want to let it all out. Maybe this blog will serve as that outlet that I feel I so desperately need. I'm a Gen-Z kid, I don't relate to pen and paper diaries. My diary is a screen, and the warm glow of the screen as it fills up with my words is quite possibly one of the most beautiful sensory experiences to me. So I'm baring myself to the world, albeit anonymously, in the hopes that sharing what I write will increase manifold the joy I get from the act of writing itself. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starry Night

An Ode to my Mother.

Why we Worry